How Do You Know If A Ring Fits Properly?
- The ring should fit your finger comfortably: snug enough so it won't fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle with relative ease. When the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger, measure both places and pick a size in between the two.
- The difference from one whole ring size to the next is a matter of 2-3mm in the circumference of the inner part of the band.
- Many people find that a variance of a half size or less will still fit comfortably most of the time.
- The wider the ring, the tighter it will fit on a finger. For anything 5mm+ in width, go a half size up.
- The interior of a Comfort Fit ring puts less metal in contact with the finger, so they tend to fit a little loose. If you’re between sizes, round down. If you have large knuckles, you may need to go up a half size.
- It’s also good to keep in mind that finger size fluctuates slightly based on diet, temperature and activity. The way your ring fits may change slightly over the course of a single day.
Measure The Inside Of Another Ring That Fits
- Use a tape measure or our printable guide.
- Make sure that the ring that you’re measuring is worn on the same hand and finger that the new ring will be worn. This may be tricky if you’re buying an engagement ring as a surprise, as many people don’t wear rings on their left-hand ring finger until they are engaged! It’s OK to use the right-hand ring finger as a guide. (Just keep in mind that dominant hands tend to be slightly larger than non-dominant; typically by a quarter or half size.) So, if your ring recipient is right-handed, be sure to size up.
- Try to pick a ring of a similar width.
More Measuring Tips
- Measure your ring size at the end of the day when your finger is at its largest.
- Measure 3 to 4 times for more accuracy.
- If the ring falls between two sizes, order the larger size up.
What If I Order The Wrong Ring Size?
- If you need a completely different ring, we offer a 30-day exchange policy for your convenience.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.